Thursday, 18 July 2013

67 MINUTES FOR MANDELA DAY VS ENLIMITED MINUTES FOR GOD EVERYDAY

For the last 2 weeks leading up to Mandela day I have been one of the millions caught up in the hyper but as I was driving to work this morning a realisation hit me. Mandela is just a man and what he has "done" for us is a drop in the ocean of what God does for us on a daily basis. The radio stations are punting his name, schools have little children doing activities in the name of Nelson Mandela, the lists go on and on.

Exodus 20 vs 4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Today instead of doing 67 minutes for Nelson Mandela, I am praying for 67 things


1. I pray Jesus that you would touch the life of the homeless man I drive past everyday on the way to work, he does not beg, he just stands by the robot and watches the cars.

2. I pray that you would bless people with wisdom and compassion so we might know how to help homeless people.

3. I pray for everyone with addictions including myself that God would break our bondage.

4. I thank you for ever day we get to spend on this Earth.

5. I thank you for our jobs and work and that we are able to glorify your day through this.

6. I pray that today people would remember you and the great work you do.

7. I thank you for all our loved ones and ask that you keep them safe.

8. I pray that we would have no idols but worship you Lord as the one and only God.

9. I pray for the wisdom to manage my finances and get my family out of debt.

10.

This blog is not complete and I will be adding to it through out the day

No comments:

Post a Comment